About the Author
Belinda is an award-winning, top selling author of erotic romance, speculative fiction and LGBTQ romance. She lives in far Northern California with her family and a pack of Siberian Huskies.
A graduate of CSU Chico, she managed to attend the notorious party school without once getting drunk, arrested or appearing in a "Girls Gone Wild" video. Her main focus of study was classical and archival history, cultural anthropology and
After several years in the workforce. Belinda purchased a laptop computer and from there, knew that her childhood dream of being an author would come to life.
Belinda's books are available at all the typical distributors as well as on the publisher's homepages.
Work History and Credentials
Shasta College: Focus on Theatre Arts and Creative Writing
CSU Humboldt: English and Literature
CSU Chico: BA in History, Minors in Cultural Anthropology, Theatre Arts, Literature, Certificate in Museology
Belinda's scholastic writing included local histories written for the Chico Historical society focusing on area residents and archeological site histories. She continues to take free-lance jobs doing research for museums, geneology clients and authors.
She has been active in amateur and professional theatre as a stage manager, playwright and actor. Employment history includes 5 years as a Public Health paraprofessional, working in various departments including Fetal and Infant Brain Development, HIV/AIDS prevention and Children's Protective Services. Past positions include managing a comic book store, working as a caregiver for the disabled and being a "plant" at dance clubs in Utah. (DJs hired plants to come dance when they introduced new music.) She is an amateur gemologist and studied Chinese martial arts for many years. Belinda trains and shows Siberian Huskies and has volunteered as a dog handler at the Iditarod. She is active in animal rescue and is an activist on behalf of family members regarding causes for the elderly and disabled.
As a writer, Belinda is a member of RWA, and in the Beau Monde and Rainbow Romance Writers chapters.
Suggestions for Blogging and Interviews
- The Care and Feeding of a Romance Author (lifestyle)
- Historical Research for the Non-Historian (craft)
- Mythology and Folklore in Worldbuilding (craft)
- Cutting the Pink Grass in Science Fiction Romance (craft, genre)
- Wolves Don't Have Blue Eyes (craft, genre)
- Crossing Genre: Why Can't You Just Settle Down? (genre, Belindapendence)
- Declaration of Belindapendence: No, I Don't Want to do it That Way. (Belindapendence)
- When You Hit the Wall: Writer's Block (Writer's Life)
- What to do When Nothing Else Works (Writer's Life, Professional)
- But I've Never Been There! Writing What You Don't Know (Craft)
- The Mainstreaming of M/M Romance (Industry)
- Diversity and Beyond! Integrating non-mainstream characters into your work, in a respectful and realistic fashion. (craft)
- Building Your Toolkit (craft, Belindapendence)
What is Belindapendence? We all need to walk our own path in life, and this is where I share methods that don't align with common wisdom. But they're my methods and I like 'em.
Awards and Nominations
- Arcada 2: Silver/Steel (m/m, paranormal) Honorable Mention 2013 Rainbow Book Awards, Nominated for Best Book of 2012 at Love Romances Cafe
- The Bacchi: 2014 EPIC Award, Science Fiction Romance, 3rd Place Bisexual Science Fiction - 2012 Rainbow Book Awards, Top Pick-The Romance Reviews
- Doms of Dark Haven (with Sierra Cartwright and Cherise Sinclair) RT Reviewers Choice Nomination, Independent Erotic Romance, EPIC Finalist
- An Uncommon Whore: When I Fall (m/m Science Fiction) Winner, Best Book of 2011 (science fiction) Honorable Mention 2012 Rainbow Book Awards, Honorable Mention, 2012 Passionate Plume
- Arcada 1: Blacque/Bleu: Winner, 2011 EPIC Award in Paranormal Romance, Golden Blush Award - Literary Nymphs, Silver Star at Just Erotic Romance Reviews
- An Uncommon Whore: Winner 2011 Passionate Plume (science fiction) Finalist 2011 EPIC Awards
- TRS Cupid And Circe Nominee: Best Author 2009
- Belle Starr: 2009 EPIC Finalist, Erotic Science Fiction Romance
- Wild Fire Anthology (Changeling Press) TRS Cupid And Circe Winner, Anthology 2008
Chronological Book List (Newest First)
The Tenth Muse (Aphrodite Project) May 17, 2016
Publisher: Pride Publishing, Totally Entwined Group
Genre: Paranormal/Contemporary Fantasy, M/M
Characters: Eros and Rees
An Uncommon Whore 3: Prince of Faith
Genre: Science Fiction, M/M
Characters: Caius and Markus
Arcada 2: Silver/Steel - December 4, 2012
Genre: Paranormal, M/M, BDSM
Characters: Dylan Ryve and Travis Feris
When dream hunter Dylan Ryve spots a beautiful shapeshifter raising hell in a bar, he knows he wants the wild young man. But Travis Feris is more to Dylan than a few hot minutes outside in the snow; he's the assassin's ticket into the magical town of Arcada.
The Bacchi - July 30, 2012
Genre: Science Fiction/Space Opera, LGBTQ, Fantasy
Characters: Lefi Dhrahn and Afton Teris
The Bacchi Lefi Dhrahn lives a life of luxury and decadence, but is tortured by memories of a lost love. He survives the pain by surrounding himself with sex, beauty, and all forms of self-indulgence. When he meets the alluring Inspector Afton Teris, Lefi believes the intersexed detective will make a very nice addition to his string of conquests.